On February 23rd, 2008, my best friend and I created an unofficial holiday for one of the best albums of the decade; Third Eye Blind’s Self Titled album. Why this day in particular, I don’t know.Â The actual album was released April 8, 1997. I think the weather put us in the mood for it.
To celebrate, we drove all over San Diego county listening to it on repeat. I remember that day there were scattered clouds and it seemed like the sun would poke through at the appropriate times, like when “Graduate” or “Semi-Charmed Life” came on. It would then seep back behind the clouds for “Background”, “How’s It Gonna Be?” and “Jumper”.
I’d have to say my favorite tracks are “Losing a Whole Year” and “Motorcycle Drive By”, but do yourself a favor and listen to it from start to finish. And enjoy. Happy 3EB s/t Day to you all.
Well, I, unlike most people, do not dread Valentine’s Day. Yes it is a Hallmark holiday, but really its the point of it that I like; telling people in your life you love them. This does not have to be your girlfriend or boyfriend, but you friends, family, even you pets.
Mine was not the most wonderful due to me coming down with some sort of cold/flu. But I made the most of it. My valentine this year was Olive, which should come as no surprise. She took care of me all day and when I mustered up the strength to move, we went to enjoy the park.
I also went out to dinner with my roommate and a couple of her relatives at the wonderful El Camino. Sopa de Fideo when you’re sick? BEST EVER. I then went home and baked Pink Lemonade Cupcakes…which was really lemon cupcakes I put food coloring in to make them pink They were delicious.
So in conclusion, I hope you all had either a great day…or at least not a depressing one. <3
I talk a lot about how much I love this band. They are so talented, so diverse. They are also one of the best bands I’ve ever seen live (and that is saying a lot. I’ve been to A LOT of shows).
I doubt there are many people who read this that haven’t heard them. They are even on the radio out here now. But in the off chance you haven’t listened to them, I have put together a playlist.
Well, I made this for myself really. But I’ve decided to share.
- Digital Sea (from The Alchemy Index Vol I and II: Fire and Water)
- The Whaler (from The Alchemy Index Vol I and II: Fire and Water)
- Atlantic (from Vheissu)
- Red Sky (from Vheissu)
- Doublespeak (from Beggars)
- In Exile (from Beggars)
- Broken Lungs (from The Alchemy Index Vol III and IV: Air and Earth)
- Moving Mountains (from The Alchemy Index Vol III and IV: Air and Earth)
- Come All You Weary (from The Alchemy Index Vol III and IV: Air and Earth)
- Trust (acoustic version, from Illusion Of Safety)
- Stare at the Sun (acoustic version, from The Artist in the Ambulance)
- Image of the Invisible (from Vheissu)
- Of Dust and Nations (from Vheissu)
- The Earth Will Shake (from Vheissu)
- Stare at the Sun (from The Artist in the Ambulance)
- The Artist in the Ambulance (from The Artist in the Ambulance)
- Don’t Tell and We Won’t Ask (from The Artist in the Ambulance)
- Silhouette (from The Artist in the Ambulance)
- Firebreather (from The Alchemy Index Vol I and II: Fire and Water)
I’m surprised I haven’t uploaded this sooner. This is my favorite picture of Olive at the moment. So much so, I plan on getting this tattooed on me someday.
Look at that face; that bitch knows she’s adorable.
This is our Manger of Enterprise Solutuion’s desk.Â Names have been omitted to protect the innocent. He has been out of the office and hasn’t seen it yet, but I’m 98% sure he doesn’t read my blog.
I should point out:
- He already had all the little smiley yellow guys on there for some reason. We got them during Christmas time when the admins leave little party favors on our desks before we come in. Somehow he ended up with all of them.
- We have no idea who did this. We came in yesterday morning and BAM! Epic battle!
More pictures coming soon!